Christmas party over at Colin's place last night. The regulars turned up and some rare guests. Some that I didn't even see them after we graduated from fmss 4 years ago.
Turnout: 21
After that was Night In Museum. I didn't expect so many people to go for it.
Turnout for the movie: 15
And it was back to Colin's place for a mahjong session. In the end, Shawn, Colin and I were teaching Mabel and Joanne how to see the "winds", how to game, flowers and etc. And not bad, Mabel learnt quite fast. Maybe she got a talent for mahjong. Haa.
Went for my poly class gathering just now. For the first time, I'm the organiser. Expected turnout was 12. But in the end, only 7 went. 5 airplanes. Seriously, I need an airport to park all my airplanes. Anyone?
When will I be able to skate like this? Ah..
Anyway, this is a freestyle skating competition held at Suntec on 24th-26 Nov.
By the way, it's not called "blading". It's called "inline skating".
And if I'm not wrong, this style of skating is called slalom. I would rather do this type of skating rather than aggressive ones. Which risk of breaking my left arm or my right arm again is higher? Going around cones on a concrete floor or going down railings and jumping off a flight of stairs?
Either way, as long as you skate, you'll definitely fall down. Nobody is born with the ability to skate like a pro. Fall down, stand up and try again.
As we grow up, as we learn to think more, we tend to often neglect some of the most important stuff. That is, the goal we're aiming for.
Look at a toddler who's learning how to walk. He falls down so many times till both hands and feet won't be enough to count it. But yet, he still continues to try. All that is in his mind is just simply "I want to walk". And now, as we grow older, we let the fear of falling control us and lost sight of our ultimate goal. Is this what it means by growing up?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home