Blah..
I just viewed an animationmentor.com student's work and I must say it's pretty impressive.. I think that'll be my last resort if I really can't make it on my own.. At least, it's better than entering NTU for 4 years into their new Arts, Design and Media course and be their guinea pig..This reminds me of a conversation with 2 friends a few weeks back.. They told me it's better to get a degree in Singapore.. And to some extend, I agreed with this.. True enough, companies will always look at your qualifications and then decide whether to employ you.. But it doesn't work this way for CG (computer graphics) industry.. The studios are looking for people who are able to produce work and not just a piece of paper which states what you've learnt during the university education.. It's just like soccer.. You don't expect to get into any soccer club just by showing your O lvl cert, A lvl cert or diploma.. You gotta show the coach what you're capable of, whether you're good at being a goalie, defender or striker.. And it's exactly the same for CG industry.. The portfolio is more important than your qualifications as it shows which area you're good at; let it be character animation, modeling, texturing or lighting.. School only provide you with the basic education and in the end students themselves must keep practising and practising to be good enough to get a job..
Geez, this is definitely my longest post ever.. Haa..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home